Thursday, June 9, 2011

Doing What You Love, Loving What You Do



So, I've had a few breakthroughs within the last few weeks, and I very much apologize for the lack of updates. I know that writing the story as I go will be great to reflect on in the future, as well as, may help others that decided to start creating their own path even though they might now have any idea of where to begin. Regardless, with my current way of life, I've found it very difficult to live anywhere but in the present moment. Looking too far into the future creates a sense of urgency or anxiety when thinking about all of the things that "have to be done." Looking at the past allows too much time for judgement in how much more I feel I should have accomplished within a span of time. After a long weekend of exploring what I want to accomplish and how to create it, I'm experiencing the best way is to be specific and direct in what I want, tackle what I can accomplish in the moment, and take time to live, laugh, and have fun.

Being direct and specific: One of my many faults is that I have too many thoughts in my head spewing out at any given moment, and I don't allow one thought to mature and manifest. Instead, I get excited, start working towards the creation of the idea, and then manifest parts of my vision because I (excuse my language) half a**** defining and solidifying all that I wanted to create. Noticing this pattern has not only been beneficial in my own creation processes towards business but also when communicating with others that wish to help CreateACTivity grow, as well as, in my personal life. I'm learning that the universe will give you what you ask for, but if you're not specific in what you want, the universal energy will only give you the specific (or not so specific) intent that was projected out, and has she seems to have a funny sense of humor too!

Tackling what I can accomplish in the moment: It's so easy to think of all the things that I currently need to progress my business forward, but it's been a valuable lesson to know what can be accomplished with the current resources we have and what needs to wait for more resources to come in to place. Currently we need a professional looking and acting website, funding for operations, graphic design work, a new camera (since ours broke), a documentary to gain exposure and help tell our story, speaking engagements to increase exposure, partnerships with for profit companies to help increase funding... and of course this is all needed for one thing and one thing only, to increase cash flow and help fund the facial reconstructions of Noma victims. When thinking of all these tasks at once I feel nothing but overwhelmed. When I focus on what we do have and how I can progress with these tools at this specific moment in time, I am able to grab on to tangible goals and expectations that snowball into more opportunities, connections, and resources. For instance, I need partners with for profit organizations that are willing to donate a portion of sales, I have two of them, so I will start there.  I need marketing material, I have a hang tag designed, I will print as many hang tags as we can to put on our partners products to start creating revenue. I need a professional website so that we can "look more legit" and receive donations through "call to action" opportunities created online and through speaking engagements. I've attempted to find ways around it, but the truth is: websites cost money, so for the time being, we will use our current blog. With the revenue gained through product sales from our partners, we can then pay to upgrade new revenue generating programs such as our website/social media, which will ultimately create more funding for the facial reconstructions of NOMA victims. We also would like video exposure, we have met a student willing to practice her skill sets on us, so we will let her do so, to keep expenses low and still expose our story. Now that I have babbled enough to loose your attention, the main goal of the babble is to show that we currently have steps that we can accomplish that will lead to more opportunities. Steps that can all be done with the resources that we have in our hands right now.

Live, laugh, and have fun: this has been the hardest part of manifesting for me to integrate and accept, a part that is crucial for success. Surprisingly, I'm finding that fun and laughter are a necessity in my manifesting process. The past few weeks, I've learned that productivity is more fluent when I'm happy. The law of attraction I guess, positive energy breeds positive advancements. Breaking away from the "to do list" and the computer has allowed energy to flow naturally rather than put pressure on a presumed outcome. The past week I have worked with what I'm able, and rather than sitting at my computer emailing and TRYING to make progress happen, I went out and had fun. I allowed myself to separate from work. To live and to laugh and be irresponsible. In that space of having fun, contacts have come out of the woodwork - so to speak, and I've been able to let my thoughts breathe and solidify so that I can create what I actually want, rather than bits and pieces of half conceived ideas. Fun has also allowed for me to step out of the box and away from what I already know, so that I can gain new perspectives and create new ideas that might not have had the opportunity to surface had I stayed in "work mode."

Speaking of fun: one of the things I did last week was watch Harold and Maude. If you haven't seen it, please do! Maude has some life lessons to share with you!



All My Best,

Es-Bee

No comments:

Post a Comment