Wednesday, April 13, 2011

A Second To Catch My Breath

I've been horrible at keeping my promise to write regularly. Truth is, I haven't had much time to catch my breath.  Since the last update, a lot has happened. First, CreateACTivity officially had it's first event, a collaboration with an art gallery in Santa Monica. Second, we have officially found a benefactor that is going to help us set up an official website.   And third, we have a potential collaboration with a film department at a creditable junior college located in Orange County (once the collaboration is solidified a bit more, I will release more information through our website.)   Without a doubt, the advancements have been incredible. Watching the creation of a company come from nothing but hope and intention, is quite miraculous.

The collaboration with the art gallery was extremely successful. We had a really great turn out, contacts were gained, and most importantly more people have been informed about our cause. I have posted a few photos of the event below,  for more details you can visit the CreateACTity website at: www.createactivity.org





Although all of the advancements with the business have been great, I needed a little time to escape and get back into the elements to clear my mind, rest, and put my mental state back in a place that allows for me to keep going. To remedy this, I took a trip to Mammoth for the weekend. There is nothing like nature to stabilize the mind and re-charge the battery. The more that I work for little to no income and sacrifice the luxury of a bed and room/space of my own (the income I currently earn goes towards: food, gas, minimal bills needed to continue on the mission, and operational costs of CreateACTivity) to create a sustainable non profit, time away to regroup and recharge has become a necessity. Without it, it is easy to feel crowded by the world around me, overwhelmed with follow up work, and attain a state of mind that lacks creativity. Just thought I would give a fair warning to anyone looking to take on a similar mission. Refreshed and energized from the weekend, I am ready to get back to work... and am putting the intention out there to be a little more consistent with my blog updates. 


Best,

Es-Bee

1 comment:

  1. Good for you, SB, and thanks for the reminder about how important it is to get away and clear the mind and relax. I forget that so it's so good to see your example! Way to go on all your advances!

    Best,
    Robin

    ReplyDelete